Wednesday, April 25, 2007

drip drip drip

The weather forecast for my area is: 'A slight chance of showers in the evening...then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Thursday: Showers and thunderstorms likely in the morning... then showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.'

It looks like that until Saturday. We really haven't had much rain this month, so we're due for our April showers sometime now. but you think they could have made that forecast a little more - succinct? y'know 'showers and thunderstorms FOREVER' or something catchy like that.

Did two blocks and a triangle of FPS last night. Was darn tired by the time I finished the triangle. I'm now on tier 8. This is darned boring to blog about. I will not post another picture, because it looks exactly the same. Maybe another pic when I finish the first ball of yarn (coming up relatively soon here). Oddly, I'm not getting bored of actually knitting it as much as I thought I would. I guess the rotation of blocks provides enough variation for my simple mind. Either that or I'm born to be a lace knitter and just didn't know it until now.

My only complaint is that All Tangled Up posted a picture of her FPS, and her 8th tier is a heck of a lot longer than mine. Like, up & down longer, not width wider, which is obvious. Even when mine's stretched out it's not that long. In the store, the zephyr looked about the same weight as the misti alpaca I choose. What gives?

Oh, ok, I guess I have two complaints. While the concentration level is not such that I need complete silence, it's also not to a point that I can look up at a television while working. So I it's frustrating when there's nothing tolerable on t.v. for background noise, because I can't watch a movie or recorded show with M since I can't knit while paying that much attention.

We went house browsing yesterday, which was probably more interesting than my forest path travails, but harder to write about, particularly since I'm trying *not* to plan out gardens in all the backyards we see. Don't get attached and all that. I'm mostly failing. I could tell you where I'll put rhododendrons, and herbs, and a pond, and the lilac, and ask how to prune the ancient one that's already there, and say what I'd do the first year vs. the second vs. the distant future. But I won't. Because writing it down is even worse than thinking it.

No comments: