Wednesday, May 30, 2007

In which I do not go to the great lakes fiber festival

or make any progress on the FPS.

The FPS isn't a big issue - I did the color work on the last sleeve of my skye tweed sweater and got to maybe elbow length. Then in a fit of impulsiveness, cast on the strange yarn from Japan, and made a scarf over the weekend. It's nothing incredible, but the yarn isn't anything luxury level either. I think I did better justice to it than the garter stitch it was designed for, so I'm satisfied.

Great Lakes - well, I don't know what happened to that. I'd really been looking forward to it, and then, well, I didn't realize it was memorial day weekend for one. So the combination of having to go alone (some would have gone for company, but they are not 'yarn people' and I felt a little mean subjecting to so much) and not having anything that I needed *right now*, and honestly, the gas prices, and I just didn't. I regret a little - I could have picked up some unique lace or a starting spindle kit, but ah well, the weekend was good as it was.

1 comment:

5elementknitr said...

Good to have you back! I'm curious to see how the Japanese yarn knits up!