Thursday, August 23, 2007

I packed my knitting

In fact, it was the very first thing I packed. I'm not sure on the wisdom of this in hindsight, but at the time, it was a very clean 'category' of stuff that I could make a box out of.

Does this mean we found a house? Well, not exactly. But our lease is up, and we don't really like our landlord to begin with....so we're moving in with M's grandparents. This isn't quite as bad as it sounds, but it is still living with your grandparents. Right now, I'm hoping we'll find a house by x-mas. M's a little more optimistic, but I like to prepare myself (which is why, for instance, I'm not freaking out about moving in with grandparents, because I made peace with the possibility back in July, when it was a little less immediate).

On the other hand, fry boxes from Wendys (where my sister works) are a great size for moving. And no they don't smell like fries, they're cut up just frozen potatoes at that stage (this was a concern for me). It is funny to have all our stuff in boxes labeled things like 'cool ranch sauce', 'artisan foccacia bread' and the ever popular 'nugget shaped chicken breast fritters with rib meat'. Not as good as the liquor boxes my in-laws once moved with, but still good.

So no real knitting for a bit now.

:(

No comments: